3.19.2011

Biggest Moon of the Year

Share
March 19th was apparently one of those strange days where the moon is closest to planet Earth for once in like... years. I thought about this for a while I laid in bed watching Jimmy Fallon... I thought about how I've never taken a picture of the moon before... and finally, I mustered the energy to get up, dig my tripod out of the closet, and attempt to capture this astrologic phenomenon.

I used a tripod, an intervalometer (for the external shutter release), a 70-200mm lens, and camera settings - iso 200, f/5.6, 1/800s

The resulting picture is below. I am pretty pleased with it! It's amazing to see so many details!

About White Kite Foto

My photo
White Kite Foto is a photography and video outfit in St. Louis, MO. We are experts in digital media, with both photo and video capabilities. If you'd like to professionally capture your next special occasion, or if you'd like to book a portrait/engagement session for yourself or your family, please send an email to greg@greghaupt.com to set up an appointment.